This is a chocolatey delight that will be sure to have you coming back for more.
1 cup dark chocolate
1 cup CannaButter
1 1/2 cups caster sugar, plus an extra pinch
6 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
1/2 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup soft white breadcrumbs
1/8 cup plain flour
4 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
3/8 cup cocoa powder
1 cup icing sugar
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup caster sugazr
6 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Grease and line a 10in round cake tin.
2. For the space cake: melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
3. Cream the cannabis butter with 1 1/2 cups sugar until pale and softened.
4. Gradually beat in the egg yolks and stir in the almonds. Fold in the cool melted chocolate, breadcrumbs, flour and vanilla essence.
5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a pinch of sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold into the cake mixture and pour into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.
7. For the icing: sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl.
8. Warm the butter, sugar and water in a microwave or double boiler and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
9. Add the liquid to the dry mixture and combine until thickened.
10. Spread the icing over the cooled hash cake.