In order to make this hash cake recipe you’ll need to have made cannabis butter beforehand. Check out our recipe for cannabutter.
225 g dark chocolate
225 g cannabis butter
345 g caster sugar, plus an extra pinch
6 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
120 g ground almonds
145 g soft white breadcrumbs
30 g plain flour
4 tsp vanilla essence
For the icing
85 g cocoa powder
225 g icing sugar
130 g butter
170 g caster sugar
6 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 3. Grease and line a 24cm round cake tin.
2. For the space cake: melt the chocolate in a double boiler, or in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water.
3. Cream the cannabis butter with 345g sugar until pale and softened.
4. Gradually beat in the egg yolks and stir in the almonds. Fold in the cool melted chocolate, breadcrumbs, flour and vanilla essence.
5. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a pinch of sugar until stiff but not dry. Fold into the cake mixture and pour into the prepared cake tin.
6. Bake for 1 hour until firm to the touch.
7. For the icing: sieve the cocoa and icing sugar into a bowl.
8. Warm the butter, sugar and water in a microwave or double boiler and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
9. Add the liquid to the dry mixture and combine until thickened.
10. Spread the icing over the cooled hash cake.